Friday, January 27, 2012

Bitter King

This herb has the most beautiful and gentle looking, tiniest flowers that are white and striped. It has standing seed pods. My grandmother kept them in her garden, drying them to make tea, the most bitter and icky tea ever. It tastes horrible but it's exceedingly good and nutritious.

Here is some info about it:
http://www.herbsarespecial.com.au/isabells_blog/isabells-articles/king-of-bitters.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrographis_paniculata










I recently learned the best way to use it. I went to the Chinese medicine shop and bought a small bagful of empty gelatin pill cases, then I blended the dried herbs, making about a hundred encapsulated pills of King Bitter. It's a good way to eat it - hide it in a gelatin cover. Otherwise it would be plain intolerable. It's easy to make your own pills.

I don't necessarily believe in medicine or pills, but I do believe Creation is essentially good, and bitter herbs included.

No comments:

Post a Comment