Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Butter Herb Potatoes

Potatoes are one of my favorite foods. I used to love Macdonald's fries, but I believe home-cooked fresh-herb, crispy potatoes are even more delicious and treasured.

Firstly, gathered herbs from your garden. Now I like paprika and dried chilli, as well as thyme and oregano from the pantry, but you must have fresh dill and rosemary or something like that. Black pepper and sea salt are also essential seasonings.  You can use herb butter too.


These potatoes are gorgeous! Splendid! Perfect, and the price was perfect too. 

Mummy and Daddy got me this fantastic GreenPan for Christmas. It is real heavy-weight and of fine quality. It will last a long time and is a real investment. . The grey nonstick coating is really good, and when it wears off it will function as a cast iron pan. I'm saving gas when I use it, because it heats up so fast and is really good for frying.

The seasoned potatoes are as such. 





You can fry them with onions/garlic/shallots in olive oil/vegetable oil/chicken fat/butter depending on what you are eating it with. Fry it in smaller batches, one layer at a time, so that they will brown evenly.



You will want to fry them for quite awhile to get that perfect crisp brown texture.







You must get them crisp and almost burnt, like this:

Again, so that I am very clear :)  this is the perfect surface of a fried potato.


They are best eaten immediately. Once they have cooled, they have lost their premium and will never taste the same again. They must have enough salt. Potatoes absorb salt, so you will need plenty of it for yummy fried potatoes.

I tell you, these are soooooooo good. How do you fry potatoes? next time I will show you how to fry them Spicey Indian style.



No comments:

Post a Comment