Monday, January 23, 2012

Really Healthy Smoothie... not too bad...

This morning I was inspired by Erin's Super Green Drink Mix  to create a herb mix for my own smoothies.

1) I snipped two tablespoons off a dry wheat plant for wheatgrass
2) A shaking of frozen fennel seed
3) A pinch of lemon grass
4) A shaking of orange peel
5) A pinch each of ginger and cinnamon





It had a strong spice smell to it, I thought, so I'd make a smoothie to taste it out.

1 mandarin orange
1 small carrot
2 green apples
3 tbsp of buttermilk
1 tbsp herb mix


Usually I really hate raw carrot. I don't even taste it now. I have a huge glass to drink up, but this is pretty good for a "green" experiment.



UPDATE: Never let yoru smoothie sit, especially when it has orange it it. It will turn BBITTER

1 comment:

  1. i started drinking smoothies a week ago. My skin improved after 2 days! Everyone should drink them, I feel like a have more energie than ever.

    ReplyDelete