Saturday, March 3, 2012

10 Loaves of Bread











I was happily busy in the kitchen yesterday. The weekend past was spent at a “holiday” home running around, jumping on and off bicycles in skirts (if the Mennonites can do it, why can’t I?), making newspaper balls, staying up late, making notebooks, and helping with cooking and washing - altogether a wholesome trip.

On Monday I remembered that we’re ought of bread, so I set out to make 4 rounds (8 loaves) of Country Seed Bread. We’re almost out of yeast and wheat flour.


Cranberry Walnut
 
Carrot Raisin (pulp from carrot juice added to bread dough, made it extra moist ) And 1 tsp of cinnamon is enough.

Apple Raisin Cinnamon (very moist, nice)





I continued baking the whole afternoon and mixed up two batches of really quick Pan De Mie Sandwich bread from the Bread Bible. It’s the simplest recipe in the whole book, I believe, with only one rise. I added a bit of atta flour to the plain white bread, and it was still very light, white, and fluffy. To the green bread I added Pandan juice instead of water, a little oil instead of butter. They both turned out very light.



So, ten loaves of bread in one afternoon. I managed to clean up everything and wasn’t so tired after it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment