350gm bread flour (you can replace up to a third of the bread flour with wheat germ or whole wheat flour for added nutrition)
1/4 cup to 1/2 cup white sugar or honey (the pumpkin is sweet, too)
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
300gm cooked and mashed pumpkin
About 1/3 - 1/2 cup of milk, as necessary
Baking: 200C or 400F Oven for about 30-40 minutes
1) Wash and cut a medium-sized fresh pumpkin into quarters. Steam, microwave, or bake the pumpkin until it is very soft, so that you can scoop out the pumpkin flesh from the skin. It should be very moist and easy to mash. Mash the pumpkin and weigh it. A medium-sized pumpkin should yield about two batches of this recipe.
2) Measure the flour into a large mixing bowl. Mix the cream of tartar, baking soda, sugar (if you are using sugar and not honey), and salt into the flour. Rub the butter in until it becomes fine breadcrumbs. You can use a stand/hand mixer.
3) Add in the pumpkin (and honey) and incorporate it well. It should form a stiff and moist dough. Mix in up to a cup of milk so that the dough is very moist and sticky.
4) Coat your counter well with plain flour. Pat the dough, coating it well and both sides with flour and cut it out into circles. One batch will yield 12 large scones or 16 little ones (3 inches wide and 1 inch tall)
5) Brush the remainder milk on the tops of the scones. Arrange them on a well-greased baking tray and bake until golden brown on the top and bottom and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean
6) Enjoy fresh, sliced in half and spread with salted butter for tea. Store the scones in the freezer to preserve their freshness.
面包 低粉 350克、
塔塔粉 1 茶匙
小苏打 1 茶匙
盐 1/2 茶匙